Friday, April 14, 2006

Slow Friday

This is one of those weird afternoons at work where everything seems to happen in slow motion. With most of the people out for an extended weekend its unusually quiet, I don't have all that much work, nothing very urgent atleast, I'm very sleepy and coffee isn't helping much. I've spent the last hour reading wikipedia which is a fairly interesting way of killing time on the net but I've done enough of that for today. I usually move next to the window with my computer when I'm falling asleep at my desk but its raining today and the overcast sky outside inspires gloomy thoughts. I could take-off early and go home but there's a book waiting there for me which I don't want to finish. I started it a couple of days ago, got hooked to it yesterday, let my curiosity win when I was about three quarters through and read how it ended. It doesn't end unhappily but rather it ends indecisively, with a vague and most probably unfulfilled expectation of something, and well, that's not one of my favorite ways of ending stories. Fiction should not be so realistic, not when you don't want it to atleast. I guess this is why I read so much fantasy.

On a different note I saw an opera recently and if I haven't told you this in person already, they're not that bad. Yes, I didn't expect to enjoy it. I thought it'll be a little too much artsy but then again I wasn't paying attention to the singing since I was busy reading the supertitles. The next time I end up watching an opera, I hope its in english.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What book was this?

kray said...

it's hard isn't it!!! resisting a peep at the last page?!! am very proud of myself for having successfully fought the urge for the last 3 books! :D

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»